Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sometimes You Just Can't

Sometimes, despite your best efforts, you can't eat healthy. I have that challenge just as you do. Often when my son is in a baseball tournament, I eat baseball food: hot dogs, nachos, hamburgers etc. I do try to make sure I drink only water to avoid the sugary alternatives though. Last night was another good example for me. Worked late, wife and kids were running around doing what had to be done, my Mom was staying the night, and some old friends of hers/ours were coming over for dessert and coffee.

What did I do? I ate pizza delivered by our chef (Chef Domino of course lol) and had a slice of key lime pie. Ouch!!! I noticed how it made me feel afterward: not good. Fortunately, the rest of the day I had things like a Superfood Solution Shake, smoothie, fresh apple/carrot juice, a salad, almonds, fruit and plenty of water all day long.

The lesson I take from this is that you can't always control how well you eat, but when you do have any say at all, you (I) need to make the right choices. Plus, like I said, I noticed the difference in how I felt after eating poorly compared to how I had been eating prior to that. And, know that sometimes you'll blow it, but the next time you get the chance to re-fuel, do it in a good way!

Til next time, Be Well!

Dr. Bruce

1 comment:

Dr. Bruce said...

PS, I went to a spin class right after I posted the above post...and man did I feel bad for about the first 30 minutes, my stomach hurt and I felt awful. I believe it had to do with the food I ate last night!